Teeth Whitening in Markham
What is teeth whitening?
Tooth whitening is the process by which the discolorations of the enamel are lightened.
How long will it last?
This will depend on the
Is the treatment safe?
Yes. Clinical studies have shown that bleaching under the supervision of a dental professional is safe for teeth and gums. Your dental professional will advise you on how to use the Poladay and Polanight
How white will my teeth get?
This will depend on your teeth –
Do all teeth whiten evenly?
There is an overall whitening of all teeth. The biting edges of the teeth are more likely to whiten faster than the areas next to the gum. It should also be noted that in some patients whitening can result in a frosty, chalky appearance of the teeth, but this usually reverts to a more natural translucent appearance after several hours to several weeks (very rare).
Are there any side effects?
For the majority of
Are there any
long term effects?
The active ingredient in the process is hydrogen peroxide which breaks down to water and oxygen. Dental
Will my crowns, veneers
and fillings get whiter?
No, only your natural teeth will.
Steps that your dental professional will perform on your teeth:
- Take and record the shade of your teeth.
- Clean your teeth.
- A resin barrier is applied to the gum areas surrounding the teeth to protect your gums from coming into contact with the peroxide gel.
- A hydrogen peroxide gel is applied to each tooth.
- A special dental light shines on the teeth for 8-10 minutes (optional).
- The gel is removed from your teeth using suction.
- Your dental professional will repeat Steps 3-5 about 2 to 3 more times.
- You will be asked to look in the mirror at your whiter and brighter teeth.
Spa-Dent Home Kit
Please refer to Spa-Dent website for details http://www.spa-dent.com/