BUR OAK DENTAL
Bur Oak Dental
Cosmetic dentistry differs from general dental care in that it is guided by the goal of improving the esthetics or looks of the teeth, as opposed to being strictly related to the health of the mouth and teeth. That being said, it is important when considering cosmetic dental treatment to ensure the cosmetic work does not have a negative impact on one’s oral health. Poorly planned and executed cosmetic dentistry can cause more problems than it solves – but rest assured our team of dentists at Bur Oak Dental has the training and experience to ensure you can have that beautiful smile you’ve always wanted while respecting and maintaining the health and function of your teeth.
Why Consider Cosmetic Dentistry?
If you feel like you hesitate before you smile, if you are lacking self confidence or if you just want to look your absolute best in social or professional situations then cosmetic dental work may be right for you. Some of the issues that can be addressed using cosmetic dentistry include, but are not limited to: –
- Chipped or worn teeth, including minor surface imperfections
- Teeth that are naturally too small, short or narrow
- Discoloured teeth or old, failing restorations/crowns
- Spaced out or crowded teeth
- Excessive, receded or uneven gums
- Missing teeth
What are some of the cosmetic treatments available at Bur Oak Dental?
A variety of cosmetic dental treatments are available at Bur Oak Dental and through collaborative work with our amazing extended team of dental specialists. One or more of the following cosmetic treatments may be the solution you have been looking for to correct your cosmetic dental concerns:
- Minor smoothing or reshaping of teeth
- Tooth whitening including bleaching of dark colored root canal treated teeth
- White fillings (bonding) or Veneers to correct discolouration or tooth shape concerns
- Crowns or bridges to correct broken, discoloured or missing teeth
- Implant treatment to replace one or more missing teeth
- Orthodontic/Invisalign treatment to correct misaligned teeth
What are Veneers and how do they differ from other cosmetic treatments?
- Veneers are a common procedure that patients ask about when it comes to cosmetic dental treatments. Veneers are thin shells of porcelain that are permanently cemented on top of your natural teeth to change the size, shape or colour.
- Veneers differ from traditional white fillings (bondings) in that they are made out of porcelain by our laboratory. In natural lighting, porcelain can better replicate natural tooth characteristics.
- They require less preparation or “drilling” and can result in great cosmetics while preserving more of your natural tooth structure.
What can I expect when I come into the office for cosmetic dental treatment?
- The initial consultation will involve an examination and taking digital radiographs, preliminary models of your teeth and photographs.
- The dentist will work with the laboratory to develop a simulation or “mock up” of what your teeth will look like after the treatment, and discuss any alternative options – Once you are satisfied with your plan. Your teeth will be prepared and scanned to be sent to the lab. Your dentist will fabricate temporaries to protect your teeth and give you a “test drive” of how the final design will look once it is back from the lab.
- The final veneers will be permanently cemented in place after a thorough check of the fit as well as your approval of the esthetics.
- Ongoing care and support both through regular checkups and cleanings are recommended to maintain your cosmetic dental work.
- Many of our dentists and specialists have completed continuing education in various aspects of cosmetic dentistry so you can rest assured we have the expertise required to give you the smile you have always dreamed of!